banner
line decor
 

germanian english francais russian italiana

   
Google
 
     
   

 

The History of the Costuleni village

  

The historical figures are taken over a history’s manuscript of the Costuleni village, which was handed down from one generation to another.

In 1654, first houses were built near to the big spring, on the wood’s line and these houses were the basis of the Mitoc village. At the beginning there were living nearly 30 families, from among there are surnames as: Prepeliţă, Plugara, Zdrobau, Ciocan and others. These families were free, yeomanry peasants.
Boyar Vrabie was living south of the spring, near to the parish school. The farm hands were living around his boyar’s court. There also were other boyar settlements. The farm hands were living in their houses and settlements on the both sides of the central road, which was connecting the Costuleni village to the Măcăreşti village. The closest persons of the boyar were the Berbecaru, Bruja, Chirinciuc, Solomon, Rusu and Slavenscki families. They all were from the north of the Bassarabia, which were left the Bukovina, under the Austro-Hungarian Empire power, on that time. In this way, the inhabitants of the Mitoc village lived till 1812, when Russia enclosed the Bassarabia. In 1861, as a result of the agrarian reform, the settlement Mitoc merged with the Vrabie boyar’s court and became village Costuleni, having more than 100 families as inhabitants.

Referring to the old people, the name of the village has a legend. Boyar Vrabie was having a very beautiful daughtercasă batrânească and many young men from the neighborhood villages were coming to propose to her, but her cost price was very high. On their way to the boyar’s daughter, young men were asking each other:
-Where are you going?
- To find out how much Ileana (Helena) costs.
After a time, they started to say it shortly “La cost Ileana”(To Helena cost). Whence and the name of Costuleni proceed from.
There are another legend of name of the Costuleni village. It’s about the old side of the village which is situated on a slope (in roumanian “costişă”) and people which were living there were called “they are from Costuleni”, it means on the slope.
After the settlement of the village, a church was built and later it was transformed into Festivity House. In 1882, into the boyar Vrabie court’s stead,the ministerial elementary school was built. Boyar Vrabie left his estate to Iasi Church and went to France. Teaching process was made by the schoolmaster Gheorghe Pavencu, which later became a teacher. In the new school, the first teacher was Luca Muranevich, which teached till 1916.

 

 

 

 

 


In 1904-1905, in the Russian-Japanese war period, many inhabitants of the Costuleni village were mobilized to war. Many of frontier guards had served under the colours for 25 years, they married here and they stayed in Costuleni:  Eftimov, Politarov, Cladco, Vişinevschi, Nadahoschi, Obor. In this time, nearly 30 Ukrainian families came here (being brought by the Tzar) from the Hotin’s region. In this way the Şicovăţ village was set up. Untill 2003, the Şicovăţ village was under the Costuleni’s administration. Under the Costuleni’s administration were and the Brătuleanca settlements too-where were living the leaseholders of the land-owner Levitki and the head of the forest enclosure “Prut” and many other officials, in all nealy 13 families; the settlement Căligăra, where lived the Greek George with his familly and the inhabitant Andrei Lupu.

Witnesses of the history
(interviews with people from the last century)
pană şi călimarăwitnesses of the person who could turn one hundred years
pană şi călimară

© All rights reserved costuleni.md
     
trimite SMS orange
trimite SMS Moldcell trimite SMS Unite Pro TV Moldova ziarul local Unghiul Makler Ziarul De Garda ziarul Timpul
Trimite un SMS ProTV Chişinău ziarul Unghiul ziarul Makler Ziarul de Gardă ziarul Timpul